The German theologian, Dietrich Bonheoffer, in his book, The Cost of Discipleship, made the famous statement, “When Christ calls a man, He bids him to come unto Him and die.” Discipleship is the ultimate call of the believer; however, very few believers are disciples or students of Christ. Research suggests that many church members today have learned to facilitate their brand of Christianity without the Bible. Consider the following statistics:
- 81% of U.S. adults consider themselves highly, moderately, or somewhat knowledgeable about the Bible. Yet less than half (43%) were able to name the first five books of the Bible.
- Fewer than half of all adults can name the four gospels.
- Many Christians cannot identify more than 2 or 3 of the disciples.
- 60% of Americans can’t name even five of the Ten Commandments.
- According to 82% of Americans, “God helps those who help themselves,” is a Bible verse.
- At least 12% of adults believe that Joan of Arc was Noah’s wife.
- A survey of graduating high school seniors revealed that over 50% thought that Sodom and Gomorrah were husband and wife.
- A considerable number of respondents to one poll indicated that the Sermon on the Mount was preached by Billy Graham.
The church has been called to make disciples not converts. In this powerful seminar, “Turning Converts Into Disciples: How to Build Kingdom Disciples,” Dr. Dana Carson, the Kingdom Voice and African-American Church Growth Expert, will empower you to make disciples utilizing his revolutionary Kingdom discipleship methodology that has been proven to turn converts into strong committed disciples.
In this seminar, you will learn:
How to develop a strategic plan of discipleship
The 4 keys to mitotic discipleship that recreate the leader’s DNA in the membership
- How to determine if someone is a convert or a disciple
The 4-step process to creating disciples who support your vision
How to create disciples who undergird your vision and mission
How to turn hearers into followers and followers into leaders
- The 5 keys to turning committed people into core people
- The 5-Step “C” process that produces loyal followers of the vision and fully functional disciples of Christ
- How to design a system of discipleship and matriculation that turns your members into disciples
This exciting and highly engaging seminar, “Turning Converts into Disciples: How to Build Kingdom Disciples,” will revolutionize how you lead your church and catapult you to the growth and ministry satisfaction that you desire.
Date: November 4th
Time: 12 PM
Length of Seminar: 3 – 4 Hours
Location: DCKM Leadership Development & Training Corporation | 7401 Gulf Freeway | Houston, TX 77017